2013-15: Formation and early yearsEdit
Noah Patton and Marion Bradley were natives of Gold Coast, Queensland, who met each other and later discovered Angus Moore through auditions. The three, realizing that they could form a trio together. Jacob Rennoll and Adrian Bishop, both from Sydney, New South Wales, sang in local church choirs and festivals when they were children. Bishop moved to Gold Coast in 2010, where he worked at Warner Bros. Movie World and concentrated on music at night. Eventually, he met Patton, Moore and Bradley through a co-worker, and the four decided to form a group.
In the course of all this, Garth Walsh in 2012 placed an ad in one of the Gold Coast newspaper to compose a vocal group. Walsh was a huge anime fan and was obsessed with the show Love Live! Walsh wanted a boy version of μ's. Bradley, who was the first to audition for Walsh in his living room, became the group's first member. Walsh held an open casting call and hundreds of young performers auditioned at his blimp hanger in Brisbane. Eventually, Moore, Patton and Bishop were selected after the meeting Walsh's expectations. Rennoll flew from Sydney to Gold Coast to formally join the group on April 20, 2013, a day after receiving a text from Bishop about it. Walsh decided to call them Frontroad Boys, named after Backstreet Boys.
In June 2015, the group flew to Sweden to record some songs, including a cover of "Uptown Funk", which ended up being their very first single. "Uptown Funk" was sent to the radio in August 2015 and released as a physical single on September 5, 2015. The song was a mirror success in the U.S., peaking at only No.69 by December 2015 and was a flop in Australia, only hitting No.74 on the ARIA Charts, but it entered the top 5 in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France, and the Netherlands. European success sent them there on a summer tour and shifted their promotion being mostly done in Europe.
- Marion Bradley (born 12 December 1998) (2013-)
- Noah Patton (born 1 June 1993) (2013-)
- Angus Moore (born 15 March 1999) (2013-)
- Jacob Rennoll (born 17 January 1996) (2013-)
- Adrian Bishop (born 21 June 1992) (2013-)
- Drake Bristow (born 24 May 1995) (2015-)
- Kevin Patton (born 5 May 1996) (2015-)
- Wilson Carl (born 22 February 1995) (2015-)
- Kyle Blackburn (born 28 March 1994) (2015-)
- Frontroad Boys (2016 album) (2016)
- Frontroad's Back (2017)
- Frontroad Boys (2017 album) (2017) (US Only)
- Frontroad Boys First Tour (23 December 2015 - 11 August 2016)
- Trying Nice With You Tour (1 November 2016 - 30 September 2017)
- Frontroad's Back Tour (27 December 2017 - 31 December 2018)